Like every year, Nasscom Foundation is holding the Social Innovation Honours 2011.
The awards aim to showcase projects that demonstrate best practices in using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for social transformation. Entries for the countrywide competition are now open, and with some phenomenal projects having been showcased over the past years, NASSCOM Foundation is expecting to identify path breaking projects to be a part of this awards cycle.
If you think your ‘innovative project’ stands a chance to get this award, this is the time to prove it. Applications are invited from ICT led social innovation projects in the following categories:
- Not-for-profit organization
- For-profit organization as a business model
- For- profit organization through corporate social responsibility
- Government body
- Student concept
- Multi-stakeholder partnership
Eligibility criteria for applying for the Honors:
Organizations/ Departments of Government / Individuals/ Students applying for the NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours should satisfy the following basic criteria:
- They should be registered Indian entities, or foreign entities with a registered presence in India. The innovation must benefit India, or a community in India
- The organization should be in existence in India for a minimum of one year
- The Project / Initiative should have been in existence at least for one year
- Students can apply as a concept or an idea
More details on eligibility criteria are mentioned on the website.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application form can be filled online on the Honours website: www.nsih.in
LAST DATE to receive the filled application form is September 1st, 2011.
For further queries, write to Sneha on email@example.com or call on 022 28328518/19